Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So how did you get into fishkeeping?

Go down 
+2
Diana
Mike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Mike

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-30

So how did you get into fishkeeping? Empty
PostSubject: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 am

Just wondering how everyone got into Fishkeeping,
what size tank they started with? and what there
first fish was?

After seeing a neighbours 70G community tank I was
hooked and knew I just had to get some fish.
I started off with 7 guppies in a 20G, needless to say
they did what guppies do best and soon filled the tank
which led to a bad case of MTS (multi tank syndrome) Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 am

I startd by accident really. My niece's little girl got 2 ggoldfish and started to want to visit the lfs, so I used to take her. That's how I realised just how many different types of fish there were and how great some of them were too.

I got a cheap 2nd hand tank from ebay, did the fishless cycle and stocked up with your bog standard community fish.

The goldfish then became an unwanted gift so I had to get them a decent sized tank, and so ended up with them too!
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:54 am

My family got a goldfish tank when i was little. No one was really interested except me! So i got MTS and got more and more tanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 am

My OH wanted a tank so I got him a cheap second hand 100l tank including 1 fish (a kissing gourami) off ebay and escalated from there...
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:33 am

When the kids were little they wanted a goldfish. When i priced up the stuff I decided to convince them they wanted lovely colourful guppies in a 10G tank, lol

That lasted about 3 wks then I got a 180L & went nuts crazy
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:50 am

I have a friend who used to keep fish and just sort of got a bit intetested in it. Now I cant wait to get some fish in the tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:13 am

A relatives kid had fish and I sort of got interested in that way, but only recently, now I wish I could have a really big tank and a load of lovely cichlids and plecs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how did you get into fishkeeping?   So how did you get into fishkeeping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how did you get into fishkeeping?
Page 1 of 1