Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Double treating

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Double treating Empty
PostSubject: Double treating   Double treating Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 am

I am currently treating for ich but have noticed that one of my fish has got a sore on its side, as if it has scraped itself on an ornament or something. I would like to treat with some Melafix, but can I do that while I am dosing for ich too.

Second, is it ok to carry on treating for ich longer than recommended on the box? I want to make sure that I get rid of it this time, and treatinf for the normal time didnt work last time so I was thinking of treatinf for a fortnight and not just a week.
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Double treating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double treating   Double treating Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 am

I think it is possible to dose for longer if symptoms are still there, but if you still had ich after two treatments wouldnt it be better to change whatever you are dosing with?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Double treating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double treating   Double treating Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 am

The meds I use state that if a second dose is required to do a water change & leave a 3 day gap. Melafix is safe to use with other treatments Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Sponsored content

Double treating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double treating   Double treating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double treating
Page 1 of 1