Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panaque Diet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:40 am

I remember asking on other Plec Forums about Panaque diets and I thought that it was predominantly wood that they ate. However, tonight I saw it munching away merrily on some cucumber? Is this a usual thing for Panaques 'coz now I'm confused!! crazy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 am

Mary, this link may help you find out what you are looking for. Apparently it does depend on whay type of fishb you are getting -

http://www.tropicalresources.net/TR_profiles/viewforum.php?f=29
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Panaque NEED wood as a large part of their diet but will eat most other things too. You just need to avoid too much meaty food as this can be bad for them, they will love veggies though Smile
Back to top Go down

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:05 pm

I love the look of all these pleccy type fish. I dont suppose there are any that like coldwater tanks are there?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:41 pm

I'm sure that indo will tell you, but I think the only one that is a coldwater type are Hillstream loaches. You cant keep them with goldies though because there is a danger that the loach will 'latch on' to the goldies and in some cases have apparently sucked their eyes out!! Panaque Diet 36977
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panaque Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panaque Diet   Panaque Diet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panaque Diet
Page 1 of 1