Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ich

Go down 
AuthorMessage

ich Empty
PostSubject: ich   ich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Need some help/advoce please. I am treating the fish for whitespot, one died before treatment started and another one has died today. The rest look really ill and unhappy. I have added an airstone but would it be ok to turn the temperature down a bit as I am sure that is making them worse.

Also, I have taken the black stiff out of my filter, I dont know if it carbon or not but just in case I have taken it out, does that remove a load of bacteria too and will that make things worse?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ich Empty
PostSubject: Re: ich   ich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 pm

What sort of filter have you got Angel - is it in the lid or an internal? I think most of the black coloured filter foam pads are charcoal based, and so yes, you should have removed that. You will be removing some bacteria too, but you could squeeze them out over the other pads then hopefully there wont be too much of an effect.

Keep an eye on the water stats anyway.

As for the temperature, if you think the temperature is bothering the fish too much I would lower it for a while and let them have a rest from it. You can then turn up the temp again slowly and they might acclimatise to it a bit better. Only thing is that at lower temperatures the parasite hangs around for a bit longer.
Back to top Go down

ich
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY-
Jump to: