Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Help!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help!!!!   Help!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Ive just seen 4 baby fish swimming round in the tank!! I think they are plattys, I have two of them but I thought they were both males. One of the plattys keeps chasing the other one all over the tank and I think he is harassing the female!

How can I stop this happening and what do I do with the baby fish? Do they need special food, conditions, help? I dont have another tank to put them in, do I need to buy something to put them in?

Please help!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Help!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!!!!   Help!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, platies, mollies and guppies are all livebearers and, if there's a mix of sexes, will just breed prolifically. If you really want to save the babies, you could buy one of those breeder nets that you suspend in the tank and just feed them with an Infusoria fry food or else just crush up some flake as small as you can and add that for them. Is your tank planted by any chance 'coz the babies might survive in the main tank if they have plenty of hiding places? Wink
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Help!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!!!!   Help!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 pm

i have 1 male 3 female platies and they breed all the time in the tank with them are some tetras i just leave them alone the strongest will survive i have babies in the tank all at different stages and they must be eating the flake food i put in for the rest and they are growing well
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Help!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!!!!   Help!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:10 pm

I think it's great when you start to see a few babies in the tank! You could get yourself a cheapo spare tank - just a small one and have the fry in there. It's useful as a q tank too in case you get any sick fish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!!!!   Help!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Fanatics :: FISH A&E :: FISH EMERGENCY-
Jump to: